An artist you love
Hi everyone!
When someone asks me what’s my favourite band or singer, I usually don’t
know what to answer, but today, I want to talk about Creedence Clearwater
Revival (CCR), which is an American band composed by four singers, called Tom
Fogerty, John Fogerty, Doug Clifford and Stu Cook.
Some of their history
The band plays classical rock and all of their singers were born in
1945, studied in California, and began their musical career under the name of “The
Blue Velvets”. Their current name is the result of three phrases related with
the life of the singers: “Creed” is
the nickname of a friend of Tom Fogerty, “Clear
water” is part of a beer advertisement and “Revival” symbolizes their
compromise with the band.
Finally, I have to say that I like this band due to my family, which
have listened this kind of artists since I was a child, in all places. CCR is
not the exception, and, believe it or not, I can’t say I like them by the
letter of their songs, because I always pay attention to the melody. And that’s
what I like… the melody.
The first song I listen to in my head when I hear the name of the band is "Have you ever seen the rain?" haha I think they're amazing but I didn't have idea about the source of their name.
ResponderBorrarOh! My father is also a fan of this band. In all the family walks I hear some song from them. I also didn't know about the source of their name.
ResponderBorrarHello Juan (or John?)!
ResponderBorrarI had not heard about this band, the truth is that I don't5t usually do much research on music, but since you like it, I'll listen to it one of these days.